Preparing for an immigration hearing is a big challenge, but it is less stressful when you work with IRB Immigration. Success is more likely with careful planning and preparation. Our success rate is 94%, and we are experts in the field.
Either way, whether you hire us or not, most of the steps below will be the same. Here are several steps to help you get ready for your immigration hearing:
- Hire us to represent you: It’s true-we can drastically improve the results of your hearing. Having IRB Immigration on your side can be invaluable during the hearing. We will do more than manage your case; we will help you understand the legal process and provide crucial advice and guidance.
As experienced immigration attorneys we will make sure you are prepared for your hearing. Your evidence will be organized, and we will provide guidance throughout the process of presenting your case, and representing you in court.
- Gather your documents: Make sure to collect all the documents pertaining to your case. This includes your passport, visa, employment records, tax returns, and several other documents relevant to your immigration status.
You may also need to include witness statements and other supporting evidence. Make sure that all evidence is organized, labeled, and ready to present during the hearing. Don’t worry about misplacing or forgetting a document: they are all important, so we have a checklist to make sure we don’t miss anything!
- Review your case file: Request a copy of your immigration file and review it carefully. Highlight any discrepancies or errors, and make notes of points you want to address during your hearing.
- Be prepared to practice your story: We will walk you through how to overcome your nerves for your interview and help you practice. Be ready to explain why you want to stay in the country and why you deserve to be granted immigration status. You won’t be overdoing it. Practice delivering your testimony to friends or family members. This will help you become more comfortable with the process and improve your delivery.
- Familiarize yourself with the law: Even though we are here for you, research the immigration laws and regulations that pertain to your case. Know what to expect by asking us any questions that you may have as we want you to be knowledgeable about this process as it has a large effect on your life.
Understanding what will happen during your immigration hearing will help you remain calm and focused during the process. Research the procedures and requirements of the hearing. including the type of hearing and the evidence required to support your case. This will help you understand what to expect during the hearing and how to respond to questions.
- Practice self-care: The immigration hearing can be stressful and overwhelming. Make sure to take care of yourself by getting enough sleep, eating well, and avoiding substances that can impair your judgment. This is a real component of your hearing; you have to be on your A-game. Don’t worry we will be!
- Dress appropriately: Dress in business attire for your hearing. Your appearance does matter, and we can show you a few examples if you like. Respect for the process will show in how professionally and responsibly you present yourself.
- Stay calm and focused: Though it sounds simple, the stress of your case can cause you to stress and affect your appearance and responses. Remain calm and focused during the hearing. Answer questions truthfully and respectfully. Do not interrupt the judge or speak out of turn. If needed, practice some breathing exercises to calm yourself should you need it.
- Be on time: Arrive at the hearing location early to ensure you have enough time to get through security and find the correct room. Let us know if you want to meet a few minutes early, but most importantly: Be On Time. Being late will reflect poorly on you and may negatively impact your case.
In conclusion, preparing for your immigration hearing is a critical part of the process. Remember to stay calm, be truthful, and follow our advice. Good luck!